This Burrito comes packed with meat, beans, rice, cheese, guacamole and salsa! Enjoy the simple recipe and keep it wrapped in foil for convenient and easy eating!
Per serving: 472 calories; 16 g fat(6 g sat); 7 g fiber; 49 g carbohydrates; 31 g protein; 13 mcg folate; 62 mg cholesterol; 4 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 339 IU vitamin A; 5 mg vitamin C; 210 mg calcium; 3 mg iron; 603 mg sodium; 276 mg potassium
- ½ cup prepared fresh salsa
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup instant brown rice
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, preferably low-sodium, rinsed
- 12 ounces strip steak, trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine salsa and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in rice, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in beans, return to a simmer and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle steak with pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
To assemble, divide the steak among the tortillas and top with equal amounts of cheese, guacamole, cilantro and the rice mixture. Roll each tortilla up into a burrito.