To create this skillet meal, we used tomatoes, mozzarella, white beans with gnocchi over leafy greens!
Makes 6 Servings:
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Per serving: 326 calories; 7 g fat(2 g sat); 6 g fiber; 56 g carbohydrates; 14 g protein; 60 mcg folate; 9 mg cholesterol; 5 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 2,724 IU vitamin A; 28 mg vitamin C; 191 mg calcium; 4 mg iron; 610 mg sodium; 366 mg potassium
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 16-ounce package shelf-stable gnocchi, (see Tip)
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup water
- 6 cups chopped chard leaves, (about 1 small bunch) or spinach
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat, for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and water. Cover and cook until the onion is soft, 4 to 6 minutes. Add chard (or spinach) and cook, stirring, until starting to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, beans and pepper and bring to a simmer. Stir in the gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling, about 3 minutes.
*Gnocchi can sometimes be found near pasta and other noodles in the Italian foods section