Parmesan Spinach Pies
A vegetarian meal has never tasted so good! These healthy Parmesan Spinach Pies are great to make for yourself or the whole family during a week night or weekend!
- Serving size: 2 spinach cakes
- Per serving: 141 calories; 8 g fat(4 g sat); 2 g fiber; 6 g carbohydrates; 13 g protein; 182 mcg folate; 110 mg cholesterol; 1 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 8,316 IU vitamin A; 24 mg vitamin C; 310 mg calcium; 3 mg iron; 448 mg sodium; 562 mg potassium
- 12 ounces fresh spinach, (see Note)
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese, or low-fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pulse spinach in three batches in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add ricotta (or cottage cheese), Parmesan, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Coat 8 cups of the muffin pan with cooking spray. Divide the spinach mixture among the 8 cups (they will be very full).
- Bake the spinach cakes until set, about 20 minutes. Let stand in the pan for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges with a knife and turn out onto a clean cutting board or large plate. Serve warm, sprinkled with more Parmesan, if desired.
*Use a muffin pan with ½ cup muffin cup size.