Parmesan Chicken Tenders
These delicious parmesan chicken tenders is a dish that the whole family will love! Easy to make and extremely healthy. It’s a win-win!
Per serving: 399 calories; 20 g fat(3 g sat); 3 g fiber; 22 g carbohydrates; 30 g protein; 31 mcg folate; 132 mg cholesterol; 4 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 599 IU vitamin A; 1 mg vitamin C; 96 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 646 mg sodium; 478 mg potassium.
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup coarse dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat (see Note)
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup marinara sauce, heated
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place a large wire rack on a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Lightly beat eggs in another shallow dish. Combine Parmesan and breadcrumbs in a third shallow dish. Toss tenders with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt in a medium bowl. Coat each tender in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip in egg and let any excess drip off. Then roll in the breadcrumb mixture. Place the tenders on the prepared rack. Generously coat the top of each tender with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn each tender over and coat with cooking spray. Continue baking until the outside is crisp and the tenders are cooked through, about 10 minutes more. Serve the tenders with marinara sauce for dipping.