What if pizza tasted good & wasn’t 600 calories a slice? This Greens Pizza does just that! By incorporating some healthy veggies and using pesto instead of marinara, this pizza is the perfect, healthy alternative!
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Per serving: 323 calories; 17 g fat(4 g sat); 3 g fiber; 33 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 41 mcg folate; 19 mg cholesterol; 2 g sugars; 1 g added sugars; 1,555 IU vitamin A; 27 mg vitamin C; 344 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 512 mg sodium; 242 mg potassium
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole-wheat
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- ¼ cup water
- 5 ounces arugula, any tough stems removed, chopped (about 6 cups)
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Position oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450°F. Coat large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to the size of the baking sheet. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake until lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cook broccoli and water in a large skillet over medium heat, covered, until the broccoli is tender, takes about 3 minutes. Stir in the arugula and cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes more. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Spread pesto evenly over the crust, top with the broccoli mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.