Garlic Pasta with Shrimp & Veggies
This garlic pasta is complimented with a mix of peas, peppers and shrimp to help satisfy your hunger needs!
361 calories; 6 g fat(1 g sat); 10 g fiber; 53 g carbohydrates; 28 g protein; 255 mcg folate; 109 mg cholesterol; 14 g sugars; 0 g added sugars.
- 6 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined raw shrimp, cut to size
- 1 large red bell pepper (cut thin)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped and mixed to taste
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ cups nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts (also optional)
- Boil a large pot with water. Add the spaghetti and try to cook around 2 minutes or less (follow package instructions). Simply add your vegetables and shrimp and cook until pasta is tender and shrimp is cooked (3-5 minutes more). Drain.
- Mash salt and garlic into a large bowl and create a garlic paste. Simply whisk other ingredients (yogurt, lemon juice, parsley, oil and pepper) and add to the pasta mixture. Toss and coat. (optional) Sprinkle pine nuts to your liking.
** if you want to toast or cook your pine nuts: place in a small skillet and cook on medium-low heat 3 minutes.