Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas
Per serving: 100 calories; 4 g fat(3 g sat); 2 g fiber; 18 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 11 mcg folate; 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g sugars; 6 g added sugars
Ingredients: (makes 12 servings)
- 4 large ripe bananas, peeled and cut into thirds crosswise
- ¾ cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (see below)
- Popsickle Sticks
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Insert a popsicle stick into each piece of banana. Cover each piece with melted chocolate using a rubber spatula and sprinkle with coconut. (Reheat chocolate, as needed, to keep it melted.) Place the bananas on the baking sheet and freeze until frozen, about 2 hours.
- Equipment: 12 wooden popsicle sticks
- To melt chocolate, microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. Or place chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
- Storage: For long-term freezer storage, wrap your food in a layer of plastic wrap followed by a layer of foil. The plastic will help prevent freezer burn while the foil will he