Chicken Cordon Bleu
Enjoy this dinner recipe made with ham and cheese stuffed and breaded into a chicken breast. Creamy, delicious and basically everything you could ever want in a meal!
Per serving: 245 calories; 12 g fat(4 g sat); 1 g fiber; 4 g carbohydrates; 28 g protein; 6 mcg folate; 82 mg cholesterol; 1 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 241 IU vitamin A; 1 mg vitamin C; 113 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 348 mg sodium; 216 mg potassium.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1¼-1½ pounds), trimmed and tenders removed (see Tip)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup shredded Gruyère or Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle chicken with ¼ teaspoon pepper and salt. Combine cheese and cream cheese in a bowl. Combine the remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper with breadcrumbs, parsley (or thyme) and 2 teaspoons oil in another bowl.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large, ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Move the chicken to the center so all pieces are touching. Spread with the cheese mixture, sprinkle with ham, then top with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F, 5 to 7 minutes.