‘Tis the season for savory foods, delicious sweets and quality time with friends and family. Some say it’s the best time of year, and others stress about the weight gain from the all the starchy and sugary foods that are all around. Just remember to be mindful when it comes to your eating habits this holiday season – eating during the holidays does not need to be indulgent. There are many ways to choose good, hearty and healthy foods.
Snacks and desserts are the most desirable during the holidays but can be also be “diet de-railers.” Well look no further, because we have the dessert for you! This twist on the traditional peppermint bark fudge is going to become a family favorite during the holidays, and guess what?! It’s a lower calorie dessert option that also provides a protein boost!
Follow these easy steps to make the peppermint bark fudge:
- 2 ½ cups canned pureed pumpkin
- 1 box of fudge brownie mix
- 4 tbsp white chocolate chips, chopped
- ½ cup of BariEssential Chocolate protein powder
- 1-2 candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8×8 baking pan with non-stick spray
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, the BariEssential Chocolate protein powder and brownie mix. Stir until smooth.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until edges are slightly firm and top is dry. Remember: slightly undercooked is better than overcooked!
- While the fudge brownies are baking, chop up the white chocolate chips and crush up candy canes.
- Once the fudge is out of the oven, sprinkle the top with the chopped white chocolate and crushed candy canes.
- Allow the fudge to cool.
- Cover the fudge and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut the fudge into 36 squares and serve!
Happy Holidays from your Bari family! ❤️